Statistician – to c£55K + Bonus – Flexible/Remote Working wth Leicestershire office – J11349
Highly respected Global Retail client follow a scientific and data-driven approach based on extremely rich and vast data assets. Mining these connected data sets with advance analytical methods allows them to generate new insights giving them competitive advantage and helping them to make a better world for their customers.
The Statistician position is embedded in the Data Analytics team in the research part of their organisation. The main task is to perform experimental design and data analysis tasks for research projects. They expect the role holder to help shape research projects together with stakeholders across the business and to communicate on progress and results. In addition the job holder twill be an advocate for data-driven research, be an independent worker and at high level of quality. The nature of the job demands that the statistician should be able to communicate technical information at an appropriate level to associates with a wide range of prior knowledge and ability. Therefore, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this role. Exciting example projects can be discussed when you make an application.
• PhD or Master degree with equivalent relevant experience in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical data analytics methods and their practical applications.
• Good experience of R or Python
Experience of all aspects of scientific research projects ideally in a commercial environment
• General understanding of data science methods and/or working with Big Data would be useful
• Excellent technical planning and influencing skills, enabling the execution of a variety of projects
• An ability to communicate complex data science verbally and through written materials, to a variety of audiences.
• Experience in life sciences R&D would be advantageous
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note we can only accept applications from those with current rights to work in the UK for this client.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed