Statistician – 12 month fixed term contract/probable continuation – Remote working – c£36,000 – J11267
January 2021 start for a 12 month fixed term contract Statistician with probably continuation with our client, who follow a scientific and data-driven approach based on experimental data, and on big data from genetic testing, activity monitors and electronic health records. Mining these connected data sets with advance analytical methods allows them to generate new insights giving our Client a competitive advantage and helping them to make a better world.
The role can be worked remotely with the role holder being asked to attend their office in The Midlands for approximately 3 days per month.
The statistician ensures that the statistical aspects of scientific research projects are done with quality. They design experiments in a way that resources are optimally used and ethical standards are met. They also analyse experimental data to deliver reports that are the basis for scientific reports, publications and patents, contributing to scientific insights and product innovation.
Perform experimental design and statistical analysis for experimental scientific research studies. Report clearly and communicate results to scientists and other stakeholders. Peer-review scientific work for a diversity of stakeholders using a rigorous quality standard. Train and educate the research team on statistical methodologies to instil a culture of formal and objective experimental science work. Advocate the purpose of data-driven research and working to high scientific standards.
Education and experience:
• PhD or Master degree with equivalent relevant experience in Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
• Expert knowledge of experimental design and statistical data analytics methods and their practical applications. General understanding of data science methods.
• Knowledge of R and experience of sample size calculation.
• Excellent technical planning and influencing skills, enabling the execution of a variety of projects.
• An ability to communicate complex technical information verbally and through written materials, to a variety of audiences.
• Experience in life sciences R&D is advantageous.
If you fit the above and would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314 660 or email her on @datatech.org.uk (teresa.cheeseman). Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who are currently based in, and have the right to work in, the UK for this opportunity.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed