Senior Manager- Data Technology- Birmingham- £Competitive- J11342
This technology giant works on huge scale and its Data and Tech capability is driving the organisation forward to great things. They are currently seeking an experienced professional to drive and define the technology programme to deliver them to the Cloud. This will involve transitioning data and making sure that proactive insight is at the heart of decision making. The Senior Manager- Data Technology will ensure that every representative of the company is empowered to make the very best possible decision and harness the power of moving to the Cloud.
Role & Responsibilities
• Be recognised as a subject matter expert by truly understanding the way that data and the cloud need to be used to ensure maximum value.
• Ensure delivery performance is achieved by utilising relevant architecture and making sure there is a consistent approach to technologies used.
• Be responsible for data integrity and implementing one true source for data together in conjunction with an AI enabled platform that enables easily deployable data assets.
• Support other teams in being able to deliver their objectives by enabling seamless access to data and Cloud capabilities.
• Shape, develop, transition and maintain data assets to be fully Cloud based, moving them to capitalise on the predicted outlook of the business in terms of data, technology and operations.
• Take ownership of DevOps and deployment of data & analytical solutions with support of the Data Management team.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• A minimum of a Bachelors in a relevant field- Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering.
• At least 5 years of experience in a data related role.
• Be able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business, understand their requirements and manage them effectively.
• Experience building, running and managing high performing data technology / engineering teams.
• Experience of data engineering on cloud platforms: GCP and AWS in particular.
• Proficient with common data engineering tools including Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Hadoop.
• Experience in developing and scaling data technologies across big data, Cloud data processing and data stores, operational and analytics databases.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
If you fit the above job description please contact Olivia Ross on 01256 314 660.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed