Senior Data Scientist – London/Berkshire/Flexible – To £65,000 + Car Allow + Bonus – J11320
The successful candidate will join a team of analytic and marketing effectiveness consultants whose core objective is to support FMCG manufacturer and retailers with their growth plans. They are now growing a team of data scientists to support on custom projects, internal automations and industry thought leadership. A senior data scientist will be expected to take client briefs, design solutions, create models/analysis and share results and conclusions.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career utilising the best data assets in the market to design new ways of working and cutting-edge new modelling and analytical techniques.
To be successful, this individual needs to be able to demonstrate initiative and commercial awareness as well as strong fundamental coding skills in Python/R, SQL and/or other analytical tools. As well as strong knowledge of non-linear time series regression and optimisation methods. Experience in FMCG would be hugely advantageous.
Main role responsibilities:
• Lead Advanced Analytics projects that deliver business solutions through data science with a focus on go-to-market and execution
• Identify opportunities to leverage huge and varied datasets to find a strategic advantage for our clients
• Consult with senior stakeholders to define business problems, and advise on how to apply data to solve those problems
• Design and use algorithms and build models needed to automate the generation of insights, identifying meaningful relationships across the massive sea of structured and unstructured data
• Elevate the role of Advanced Analytics across the business while developing their internal capability
• Educate leadership on the opportunities associated with applying advanced analytics, data science and AI to the business
• Build machine learning and AI algorithms to deploy on a variety of tasks
• Attending client meetings and supporting the commercial team during the delivery of the results
Skills and Experience Required:
• Insatiable desire to derive actionable recommendations from data
• Solid and demonstrable experience in data manipulation and modelling in Python/R and SQL
• Interest in or understanding of marketing strategy, and/or FMCG business/market trends
• Self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and take ownership of a new process
• Experience in applying statistical models to both back data and creating forward predictive models
• Proven track record in building and deploying machine learning and AI algorithms
• Ability to look outside of current skillset to learn new languages, tools, techniques and look for industry best practices or models (i.e. linear and non-linear regression)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
• Articulate, able to proactively identify and communicate issues, taking ownership for resolution and/or escalating as appropriate
• The ability to explain complex code, steps
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or make an application and we will be in contact.
Please note we can only accept applications for those with existing UK working rights for this client.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed