Senior Data Insight Analyst – Remote &/or Oxfordshire – £Neg DOE – J11279
Our clients focus is on the online retail of books, media and technology products to customers across the globe. To continue their story of growth and success they require sharp, enterprising Analytical talent to help them thrive in the world of online retail which is constantly changing and where standards and expectations from the customer are continually climbing. If you think you have a passion for the cut and thrust of online retail, if you like to see your ideas being presented to management one day, and up on the world wide web the next, if you like the idea of being given the responsibility to contribute to their tremendous growth then this might just be the company for you!
They are seeking an intelligent, highly motivated senior insight analyst, possessing intellectual curiosity and strong problem solving skills to join their Data Insight Team. This team is the heartbeat of their business. It is tasked with leveraging the vast amount of data they hold about products, customers and competitors and using it to perform continual analysis, data mining and trend spotting to improve their product offering, revenue optimisation and customer experience. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of getting their hands dirty in the collation, refinement and analysis of large volumes of data to produce tangible business strategies which can be implemented quickly in the business.
As a company growing quickly, they are dependent on the insight from their data to provide them with a competitive edge. Candidates will find this a unique opportunity to make a big splash from day one and embark on a career journey with significant future executive level prospects.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Candidates will have previous experience with Data Insight. Roles at comparison shopping portals, price comparison portals, Airlines, FMCG, Retail chains, Digital marketing agencies are all complimentary and would be looked upon favourably. Previous Pricing or Revenue Optimisation experience could prove useful.
• Experience must include working with very large data sets, from initial data ingestion/collection through to end analysis.
• Likely the candidate would be a graduate from a good university, with at least a 2:1 in a Maths, Statistics or Numerate discipline with strong A Levels.
• Very strong numerate skills; these will be rigorously tested during assessment.
• Ability to use SQL is essential and Python / R an advantage.
• Experience in tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio or PowerBI for results presentation/dashboarding.
• Must have advanced Excel skills, macro & VBA knowledge.
• Ability to work independently, taking high level project briefs and liaising with internal departments to get hold of the necessary information to produce cogent analytical assessments and present these at board level.
• Ability to work in a team environment and deal with multiple stakeholder across the business to ensure all teams are pulling together to achieve common goals and success measures.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting new opportunity, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or @datatech.org.uk (teresa.cheeseman). Please be aware we can only accept applications from those with full UK working rights for this opportunity.