Senior Backend Developer- Negotiable Salary – Plus Benefits – Remote working/ UK Head Office- J11247
This exciting startup can offer the successful incumbent a truly unrivalled career path where you will be responsible for the development roadmap. You will work in close context with the CTO and be the subject matter expert. Your work will have international impact and drive huge social and economic changes for the second and third world developing nations.
Role & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with client developers to establish schema / data / communication protocols
• Work both independently and in teams on solutions for specified requirements and infrastructure
• Design and develop new features for existing and new software
• Develop best practice, reusable code where possible
• Optimise and enhance existing software
• Create & update all technical documentation
• Ensure data compliance & standards are met
• Develop and maintain APIs (REST/GraphQL) and backend / cloud services
• Ensure that the software runs and scales efficiently on the cloud
Experience & Skills Required
• Significant previous experience in the field of software development with a focus on backend
• Excellent understanding of SQL & Data Modeling RDBM’s
• Good understanding of NoSQL databases (examples: DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc)
• Experience with Amazon AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, Cloudfront, Route53, SES)
• Versatile and adaptable to new programming languages
• Experience in DBA work
• Excellent understanding of version control systems
Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk