Lead Data Scientist – London
A fantastic opportunity for a lead scientist is available at this highly successful mobile games developer. They are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills and a background in data science keen to develop their leadership skills in a fast paced environment,
Role & Responsibilities
• Support data-driven decision-making for future games based on studies of player trends.
• Design and conduct AB tests targeting improvements in targeted KPIs across multiple company disciplines.
• Provide support to other data team members, such as iterating analysis task briefs and conducting code reviews.
• Agile management responsibilities for the data & insights sub-team, including: sprint management, backlog curation, contributing to roadmaps.
• Maintain team analytics based software (dashboards, periodic server-side analysis tasks etc.).
• Share insights with fellow team members from other disciplines and company stakeholders.
Experience & Skills Required
• 3+ years’ experience in performing statistical analysis of large inter-connected datasets (drawing distributions, modelling trends, designing AB tests) is essential.
• Familiarity with combining data from multiple sources and architecting large data (few TBs) storage systems with data warehouses.
• Expertise in SQL and python based data science libraries, such as: pandas, numpy, matplotlib, plotly & dash, sqlalchemy, sklearn, jupyter-notebooks etc.
• Familiarity with cloud based computing systems (AWS, PythonAnywhere, Google Cloud Services, or equivalent).
• Experience with Linux operating systems for developing data science applications.
• Familiarity with agile working practices and git.
• Excellent communication skills when interacting with other company team members not necessarily from a data background.
• Interest in gaming.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Roisin McCarthy. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed