Junior / Graduate Data Engineers * £Competitive Salary * Surrey * J11479
Our award-winning Financial Services client are looking for a Maths/Science or IT graduate (candidates who can start by May 2021 at the latest) who have a degree class 2:1 or above or a candidate who has started a career in Data and looking for that next step.
Initially home based due to COVID-19, they encourage and enable smart working and flexibility and foresee this role being performed from their Surrey office and home split or fully from the office depending on preferences. This Junior / Graduate Data Engineer role provides fantastic career development opportunities within a team responsible for a complex SAS data warehouse and MI reporting infrastructure, and currently involved in a project to migrate data and MI to the Azure Cloud.
• Assist with maintenance and delivery of ETL processes and ensure accuracy of the data
• Identify and drive improvements and enhancements to the warehouse to ensure it is fit for purpose
• Build relationships across the business; promote the usefulness and availability of data and reports
• Understand and proactively manage the risks associated with data usage and ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation
• Assist in the project to migrate data to Azure, using tools like Databricks, Python, Spark and PowerBI
The Junior / Graduate Data Engineer role predominantly suits highly organised analytical individuals comfortable with coding most of the day with a passion to learn and solve problems. A good understanding of programming languages such as Python, Spark, SQL, R, Visual Basic, SAS (or similar) is important although statistical programming languages such as Matlab will be considered.
Useful to the role will be knowledge of migration tools (PowerBI or equivalent Qlik/Tableau). You’ll be comfortable with using the suite of MS Office (especially Excel), with the ability to manipulate data. As you’ll be working with a variety of stakeholders, you’ll need to be confident at understanding technical concepts and communicating back to non-technical audiences.
Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure will also be important. Previous Data Engineer experience isn’t essential as they’re open to graduates who have achieved a 2:1 or above class in either a Maths / IT or Science related degree.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch or make a call in the first instance to Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed