Graduate Fraud and Underwriting Analyst – High calibre Maths graduate – £Competitive Salary – Surrey – J11099
The UK insurance market is one of the most competitive and advanced insurance markets in the world and one of this country’s leaders in this field is again recruiting due to growth. Come and join them as an Underwriting and Fraud Analyst where you will play a key role in maintaining and continually developing the Underwriting and Counter Fraud measures deployed. A role that will excite and reward with great training and development prospects – would suit a recent, high calibre Mathematics (or similar numerate degree) graduate who is keen to learn and confident to pick up new skills quickly.
Role & Responsibilities
• Responsible for creating sound business analysis.
• Identify and investigate fraudulent insurance applications.
• Monitor and evaluate existing controls and processes.
• Develop and improve existing and future preventative and predictive solutions.
• Support the design of technical solutions for Counter Fraud requirements.
• Evaluate and recommend proposals for changes to Underwriting rules to deliver benefits.
• Make recommendations for improvements to the business processes, operations, product and platform.
• Build working relationships across the business and become knowledgeable on all aspects of the operational model.
• Research and share new approaches to ensure that the analytical methods used become and remain market leading.
• Take any steps needed to ensure all data is housed appropriately.
• Understand & manage risks associated with data and ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation.
Experience & Skills Required
• Possess a high quality numerical degree and strong mathematical / logical capability – minimum 2:1
• Have appreciation of, or interest in, aspects of Underwriting and Counter Fraud in General Insurance
• Demonstrate understanding of Underwriting/Fraud controls at application stage and how this can affect business profitability.
• Exposure to logic/coding and prior experience with SAS, SQL, R/Python, VBA, (or demonstrable ability to learn these packages quickly).
• Experience of predictive modelling would be beneficial.
• Able to grasp the significance / meaning of a range of technical and complex issues. Unphased by analysing vast quantities of diverse data.
• Ability to plan and work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman
Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed