Data Science Specialist – £Competitive Salary – Plus Benefits – Birmingham – J11344
This communications giant is recognised worldwide helping customers gain competitive advantage through the development and usage of robust Data Science solutions to complex business problems. This is achieved by using data inference, predictive algorithm development (including AI and ML) and other Data Science tools and techniques.
Your role will cover the following key activities
• Solve complex business issues through the development of analytic models, using multi-source data and strong descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics skills
• Implement Artificial Intelligence, including Machine learning tools to support business decisions
• Drive the exploration of data sources and analytic techniques to create new modelling approaches
• Work with large data sets to solve complex problems
• Apply statistical methods to develop analytic models
• Gather data and build data-science and algorithmic solutions to address business problems requiring descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and / or prescriptive analytics
• Create experimentation to solve complex business problems and deliver predictions on future business outcomes in a repeatable and relevant way
• Drive new value from insights from connecting external and internal data sources
Experience & Skills Required:
• B.S. or M.S. in a relevant technical field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering, or Mathematics). Masters’ degree preferred.
• 3-5+ years’ work experience in a data science role with significant focus on large scale and/or unstructured data
• Using a range of modelling, database, statistical and visualisation tools
• Working with complex, very large data sets to draw out fact based, strategic insight
• Proficient in the use of analytical, database and visualisation tools (in particular SQL but also HQL, R, Tableau) and modelling techniques.
• Quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
• Previous experience in large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660, or make an application. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed