Business Lead – Clean Energy Consulting * West Midlands/Flex WFH options * £Negotiable Salary * J11159
An exciting new opportunity to lead the development of our client’s commercial practice in energy consulting capturing the opportunities of clean energy growth.
Initial focus of this opportunity will be:
• Set the strategic direction.
• Identifying target organisations for whom their expertise could be most beneficial in the short, medium and longer term.
• Working with the strategy directorate on leveraging thought leadership work.
• Secure new work and revenue in advising public bodies and/or private sector companies on pathways to commercial innovations, leveraging their assets and maintaining focus on innovation.
• Form and develop relationships with key customers including leveraging established programmes and relationships and deploying your own network.
• Work with teams across the business to produce marketing and proposal documents, pitch for opportunities, create new funding opportunities and get these contracts.
Managing projects and delivering work to clients
• Advising clients on their strategic direction drawing their expertise in energy transition and whole systems modelling.
• Scope work, conduct analysis and produce outputs
• Take lead responsibility for commercial management of projects.
• Devise high-level methodologies for whole energy systems analytical work.
Beyond the first year, the focus will be on establishing their expertise deeply into the growing market, expanding the team and scaling up the practice.
Skill and Expertise Requirements:
• Extensive consultancy experience with both public and private sector clients.
• Proven track record in identifying, securing and delivering new opportunities, from lead generation and proposal preparation through to project delivery.
• Established energy sector and energy modelling expertise.
• Strong technical, commercial and project delivery background.
• Ability to identify and provide strategic direction in key new growth areas.
• Track record as a highly effective communicator, able to write well, present and facilitate workshops effectively, and deliver high quality outputs.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or email her. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed