Big Data Engineer - Finance, Berkshire
Big Data Engineer - £Competitive Salary – Plus Benefits – Berks – J11052
This well-known international company provides world-class science behind their brands and are able to give themselves a competitive advantage by generating a wide range of data across operational and research activities. This is an exciting time to join as they are using digital, data and user insights to transform the business and searching for industry leaders in Big Data Engineering with different and complementary skills to influence how they operate and grow.
Role & Responsibilities
• Take charge of developing data-driven processes.
• Develop well-designed modular code that is usable and easily maintained.
• Taking ownership of establishing shareable functions to establish a standardization for engineering work.
• Engineer data-centric solutions from scratch.
• Take ownership of the data lake and turn it into highly functional data sources.
• Stay abreast of emerging technologies.
• Collect functional and non-functional client requirements.
• Work closely with other Digital Technologies to ensure the successful integration of historical data.
Experience & Skills Required
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level in Computer Sciences or similar disciplines a must.
• Have several years of experience within a Big Data Azure environment
• Possess the ability to bring together divergent data sets that meet the requirements of other teams
• Show proficiency with data modelling, query techniques and complexity analysis.
• Demonstrate technical expertise with emerging Big Data technologies, such as: Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop etc.
• Good knowledge of Tableau and PowerBI advantageous.
• Experience with or exposure in the FMCG’s industry a plus.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk