Data Scientist - Group Marketing, London
Senior Data Scientist - £Competitive Salary - Central London – J11056
Data Science sits in the heart of our client’s Global Analytics hub and this role sits within their Group Marketing function. This exciting role reports directly into the Head of Data Science, playing a key role in the building of the Data and Analytics Practice for this highly successful Global Player in the lucrative world of leisure. You will publicise the great work you are doing both internally to senior stakeholders and other analysts and externally at international conferences and through public speaker events.
Role & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the development and delivery of cutting edge analytics using Snowflake, R, Python, Spark etc.
• Work with other teams to centralise capabilities and democratise complex marketing analytics.
• Champion the boundless possibilities of contemporary data science.
• Shape and develop the role around the needs of the business and your own career.
• Undertake improvements to existing products through innovative use of more advanced techniques.
• Lead the development of machine learning based recommendation models.
• Research new data modelling, machine learning and data mining techniques.
• Mentor junior members of the analytics community.
• Identify opportunities to develop strategies and techniques to improve results.
Experience & Skills Required
• Prven experience of enhancing the analytical value delivered through development of scalable recommendation models.
• Comfortable working alongside technical architects to shape and define the analytical technologies.
• Represent data science both internally and externally.
• Be able to communicate complex ideas to others from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• Hands on experience of data modelling, machine learning and data mining techniques for application
• Demonstrate a good ability to interpret business requirements, translate into data science problems and deliver high value outputs that show clear business value.
• Confidently make data tell a story through data presentation / visualisation tools and techniques.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk