Data Engineer, Kent
Data Engineer - £ Competitive Salary – Kent / Sussex boarder – J11126
Leading healthcare provider are recruiting for a permanent, full time Data Engineer to join their Data Services team. As a Data Engineer in this team you will be working alongside colleagues responsible for the creation and maintenance of a logical data model in a cloud based data lake, enabling their analysts to extract meaningful insight from enterprise wide data. If you have Database design experience and able to conduct Enterprise Data modelling within Cloud technology, and are passionate about data and how impactful it can be then this may be the role for you…
• Design and apply data cleansing and data standardization rules
• Integrate data from multiple sources into a central data warehouse with a logical data model.
• Contribute to the design, development, testing and performance in production of the data-centric software.
• Liaise with the Data Scientists, Architects, software developers, and business experts to understand how data needs to be converted, loaded, processed and presented for consumption.
• Provide clear documentation of the business rules embedded in the systems
• Manage or help solve Data Quality issues
• Build and maintain data artefacts (data models, data dictionaries and business glossaries)
Skills & experience required:
• Technical: Strong development skills – experience using python and SQL, Big Data experience (Spark, Hadoop Suite)
• Experience with Azure Data Bricks
• SQL Server experience
• Awareness of Data Management best practice, including Data Lifecycle Management across Core IT & Big Data ecosystems as well as Data Privacy & Security constraints
• Knowledge and previous experience in Data Modelling
• Knowledge and experience of working with data that falls under GDPR and Data Privacy regulations
• Focus on end user and customer centricity
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Passion for learning new tools, languages and frameworks
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk