Data Engineer, Senior Manager - Marketing Intelligence Team, London
Data Engineer, Senior Manager – London – Up to £50k + benefits – J11064
As one of the leading media agencies worldwide, our client has an enviable portfolio of clients and provides excellent career opportunities. This newly created role will work between the Marketing Science and Data & Tech disciplines.
• Be the leading voice on the core design of data architecture
• Act as a key stakeholder on cloud based infrastructure, providing expertise and recommendations on the best opportunities
• Design, build and maintain data pipeline architecture for an optimised ETL system
• Take responsibility for documentation, training and support on the rollout of new technologies
• Assist in the creation of an infrastructure which can service real-time analytics
• Proactively review existing processes to identify opportunities to automate manual processes, optimise data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Collaborate with data scientists, analysts and the front-end data visualisation team to identify potential opportunities and maximise the value delivered from data models
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience as a data engineer working within key disciplines, e.g. data warehousing, Business Intelligence and big data processing
• Experience working with Google Cloud Platform advantageous, although Amazon Web Services also considered
• Experience in developing an ETL system from first principles where needed, developing data pipelines and building schedules
• The ability to translate business needs into technical specifications
• Good knowledge of Python and/or R advantageous or a willingness to learn
• Good knowledge of SQL essential
• API’s knowledge essential – ability to write API’s advantageous
• Some data viz skills in software such as; PowerBI, Tableau or QlikView essential
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314660, or email: email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk