Data Scientist, Bedfordshire
Data Scientist – Negotiable Salary – Plus Benefits – Bedfordshire – J9957
This organisation can boost an unparalleled network of innovation and achievement for their customers in the leisure industry. This role will involve finding opportunities where advanced analytics can support operations or enhance customer proposition creating and implementing predictive and prescriptive capabilities.
Role and Responsibilities.
• Dive into the opportunities of rich and untapped datasets
• Work in the development of specific advanced analytics
• Engage and collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
• Tackle projects which aim to address specific business questions
• Understand where and how improvements can be achieved
• Provide advanced analytical expertise for complex ad-hoc requests.
• Follow and research the latest developments in the field of Data Science
• Produce comprehensive and thorough documentation
• Identify opportunities for integration of different data silos
• Improve the understanding and embrace of data science across the business
• Confidently and clearly positive and constructive relationships.
Experience & Skills Required
• Educated to degree level with an MSc or PhD in a scientific/engineering field (Statistics, Maths, Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences).
• Proven experience in advanced statistical analysis
• Be able to manage, train and develop other team members
• Have a clear focus on how to deliver results
• Understands customers and seek to exceed their needs.
• Cost conscious and understand the longer term perspective and implications of decisions.
• Experience testing and validating statistical hypotheses.
• Knowledge of ETL processes, SQL experience advantageous.
• Experience in using cloud computing platforms desirable.
• Capable of using programming languages i.e. Python, R, MATLAB, Scala or C
• Great communication skills with the ability to convey complex findings to non-technical parties.
If you fit the above job description please contact Roisin McCarthy on 01256 314 660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.