Data Scientist - £Competitive Salary – Plus Benefits – London – J9732
If you love problem solving and creating new innovative solutions by using some of the latest technology and approaches, then this role is for you. Working in the travel/leisure industry
helping to give great customer experiences on a daily basis, you will have the use of advanced, emergent techniques across the business to solve the hardest problems.
You will be able to take ideas and transform them into products and actions in a fast moving, commercially driven and results focused environment.
Role and Responsibilities
• Utilise machine learning, advanced analytical and statistical techniques
• Develop, maintain and support the ranking and recommendation algorithms used on the website
• Assist with counter fraud efforts
• Directly drive conversion and gross profit for the company.
• Perform A/B test design.
• Conduct research and development activities
• Keep abreast of the latest data science technologies
• Improve data as an asset of the business by collaboration with other teams.
• Look for opportunities for insights/datasets/models/code to be used
• Work with groups across the company to enable the adoption of algorithms across the website.
• Explore, discover, develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required.
• Educated to degree level in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Machine Learning
• Strong experience in an analytical/algorithm/data/software development role
• Good SQL/data manipulation skills essential
• Experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as Spark MLlib, Python (scikit-learn, pandas) and R.
• Knowledge of test design, implementation and evaluation, with website A/B testing experience advantageous.
• Experience with data visualisation tools and packages a plus
• You will be Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things,
If you fit the above job description please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.