Data Scientist, London
Senior Data Scientist - £Competitive Salary – Plus Benefits – London – J9631
Please bring your finely honed, professional and analytical skills to Teresa’s attention.
You could be joining a data-driven, consultancy that transforms businesses by turning big social data into insights, strategy and ideas. They get brands to do more of the things that people love to help those businesses grow faster. This role also affords the opportunity to work with different people and skillsets right across the consultancy.
Role and Responsibilities
• Story telling with data (both visually and verbally)
• Reveal new insights about people attitudes & behaviours
• Work with different data sets with a particular focus on social and search data
• Explore novel datasets
• Work with a broad range of personalities and professional disciplines
• Predict consumer and market trends
• Use big social data to infer insights and solve the real problems
• Manipulate big data to answer your big questions.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required.
• You will have studied Psychology, Cognitive Science, Linguistics, Mathematics, Applied Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Econometrics or Engineering.
• Several years’ experience in a similar role dealing with human behaviour and actionable insights
• A love of text and language mining
• Highly experienced using R/Python/SPSS (preferably R)
• Analyse large data sets with analytical rigour
• Map and analyse networks - SQL, OLAP, JSON and XML
• Coach and mentor more junior members of staff
• Work on a variety of projects simultaneously
• Work with ideas and content spread across the internet that impact upon theories of social influence & advocacy
• Be a great communicator with the ability to convey complex issues to non-technical parties.
If you fit the above job description please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314 660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.