Big Data Engineer, London
Big Data Engineer – Initial 3 Month Contract – Excellent Day Rate Available - Plus Benefits – London – J9632
This consultancy works with some of the world’s biggest and most glamourous brands, helping them unlock their business value. This is a global brand with offices to match, providing clients’ new approach their data faster to gain business advantage.
The successful candidate will join a team of much valued experts affording the opportunity to develop and flourish within a career plan.
Role and Responsibilities
• Design, build, optimize, launch and support new and existing data models
• Understand business requirements by working with internal stakeholders
• Build data expertise and own data quality
• Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles
• Set up the big data platform
• Transform large quantities of data into client insights
• Maintain active communications with key contacts
• Utilise the proven data processing cloud platforms
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required.
• Educated to BS/B.Tech./M.Tech level in Computer Science, Math or related field
• Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Java and PHP
• Strong ETL experience – able to extract, process and load data for analysis.
• Proven cloud environment experience, with either AWS, Google Cloud or similar.
• Java or Python programming language commercial experience essential.
• Ability to compress data in a cloud environment, reducing costs and increasing speed.
• Work with large volumes of data - Hadoop Stack.
• Several years’ development experience (Java, Python preferred) coupled with hands-on experience in SQL and NoSQL
If you fit the above job description please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314 660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.