Senior Data Engineer, London
Senior Data Engineer, EMEA – Up to £80k – London – J10018
Are you seeking a role that inspires, with a company that values its employees and actively encourages you to professionally develop? One of the world’s largest marketing groups is currently recruiting for a senior data engineer role that will see you do just that. With excellent benefits and a generous salary on top of that, this role ticks all of the boxes.
Uniquely, our client operates a cross-functional team, giving you the opportunity to play to your strengths whilst learning new skills and techniques. The team overall has responsibility to:
• Design and build the company’s platform and products for data processing, management and analytics, including the cloud automation and services that support them
• Adopt and extend techniques, tools, and products developed in individual local markets, and in other regions, so they can be used by all teams across the region
• Work with the product management team to roll out work, and provide support and training as needed
• Work with data scientists to design and implement operational systems based on data science prototypes and other work; this includes operationalising machine learning models
• Architect and implement software with an eye towards security and operational excellence
• Monitor, analyse and resolve operational issues in live systems
• Review work by peers (both in the EMEA team and across the region), helping improve overall quality
• Mentor and coach each other within the team
Knowledge and Experience:
You have built data-processing software in the past with attention to scaling and efficiency, and probably have experience of working with substantial amounts of data. You care about the quality of your work, and want to be part of a team that does, too.
• Commercial experience using Spark – used with the Amazon Stack
• Are you an experienced Python user with Scala experience? Or keen to learn Scala?
• Stakeholder Management experience essential as liaising across the group
• Automation testing experience / quality of code should be paramount
Although much of the interaction within the company is digital, occasional travel is likely.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314660, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.