Senior Cloud Engineer EMEA, London
Senior Cloud Engineer, EMEA – Up to £80k – London – J10019
Want to work for the best? Our client is one of the world’s largest marketing services groups and, as such, has an enviable position at the forefront of analytics. It offers a superb environment for professional development as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Uniquely, our client operates a cross-functional team, giving you the opportunity to play to your strengths whilst learning new skills and techniques. The team overall has responsibility to:
• Design and build the company’s platform and products for data processing, management and analytics, including the cloud automation and services that support them
• Adopt and extend techniques, tools, and products developed in individual local markets, and in other regions, so they can be used by all teams across the region
• Work with the product management team to roll out work, and provide support and training as needed
• Work with data scientists to design and implement operational systems based on data science prototypes and other work; this includes operationalising machine learning models
• Architect and implement software with an eye towards security and operational excellence
• Monitor, analyse and resolve operational issues in live systems
• Review work by peers (both in the EMEA team and across the region), helping improve overall quality
• Mentor and coach each other within the team
Knowledge and Experience:
You probably have experience in both technology operations and development for cloud environments, or maybe you’ve just gone deep on developing cloud and systems automation. You can think strategically about technology, including working across different cloud providers. You care about the quality of your work, and want to be part of a team that does, too.
You will likely have experience across a broad range of cloud products from AWS and other providers, including security and operational best practices. Or maybe not; perhaps you just love a challenge, and pick things up quickly.
• You almost certainly enjoy sharing your knowledge with your teammates, whether by mentoring one-on-one, participating in code reviews, or teaching the entire team new ideas.
• Docker experience with Rancher2 and Kubernates is essential
• Knowledge of Presto, Athena and Redshirt are highly desirable
Although much of the interaction within the company is digital, occasional travel is likely.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314660, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.