Data Operations Engineer EMEA, London
Data Operations Engineer, EMEA – Up to £60k – London – J10022
Are you a talented data operations engineer looking for your next challenge? Then this role will be an exciting prospect for you. Working for our international client that leads the way in the field of analytics, you will be joining a well-established team that supports and encourages professional development as well as offering a superb salary package.
• Build and maintain reliable data processing functionality with an eye towards security and operational excellence
• Support the data scientists in managing access and availability of datasets across regional processing environments
• Support local markets in managing access and availability of datasets distributed to them from regional processing environments
• Design, develop and implement automated data quality checks
• Monitor, analyse and resolve operational, data, and data processing issues within the data processing environment
• Build and maintain effective relationships with 3rd party data providers
• Build and maintain effective relationships with other teams using the outputs of data processing, including effectively communicating with them around their needs, ongoing operational issues, and service level expectations
• Review work by your peers, helping improve overall quality, one pull request at a time
• Help foster excellence, ambition and community among data operations engineers across EMEA
Knowledge and Experience:
You have likely worked on data processing systems at scale, and are eager to take responsibility for the smooth running of data process and ingestion flows. You’ve probably automated the data processing you’ve done in the past, and helped others in your team do the same. You care about the quality of your work, and want to build a data operations team that does too.
• You certainly enjoy sharing your knowledge with your teammates, whether by mentoring one-on-one, participating in code reviews, or teaching the entire team new ideas.
• You’ve worked in Cloud infrastructure such as AWS and GCP
• Commercial experience working with Python, Spark and SQL is essential
• Conceptual understanding of data flows, transformation and aggregation design for data analytics.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314660, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.