Data Scientist, London
Data Scientist – Negotiable Salary – Plus Benefits – London
A global giant in the financial world is searching for a DS to primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining Transaction Monitoring models and methodologies. You will be expected to bring in best practices, while collaborating with local teams to ensure adapting to local markets. This role holds plenty of variety, dealing with stakeholders, ensuring customers are at the heart of the business with decision-making and responsibility at the core. If you thrive within a changing environment, work to high standards and feel this challenge is for you, please let Roisin know in the first instance by sending in your CV.
Role & Responsibilities
• Manage stakeholder expectations related to timelines and deliverables.
• Develop actionable hypotheses about customer behaviour.
• Review and improve the existing suite of models and methodologies,
• Own and manage the analytics infrastructure.
• Ensure that risk is more accurately quantified and allocated.
• Provide bespoke analysis for new business.
• Build positive momentum for change across the organization
• Effectively understand and manage Sponsor and Stakeholder expectations
• Assure the global standards for relevant models and analytics adhere to governance and regulatory demand.
• Identify new risk trends and recommend model or control amendments.
Experience & Skills Required
• Educated to Bachelor's degree level in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
• Several years proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis.
• Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis.
• Proficiency in Python, R, Scala, JAVA or SQL a must
• Experience in responding to Audit and governance documentation.
• Good understanding of Advanced statistical methods
• Knowledge of SAS, Qlickview or Spot Fire advantageous.
• Possess strong communication and presentation skills and able to convey information in a way that is clear, succinct, and easily understood.
• Have the ability to draw and support conclusions or anticipate outcomes from data trends or system documentation
If you fit the above job description, please contact Roisin McCarthy on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.