Data Protection Officer, London
Data Protection Officer – Negotiable Salary – Plus Benefits – London or Hampshire
This modern thinking financial service provider uses investment proceeds to fund their flexible lending solutions. They have a selection of investment products so their customers can feel confident that pricing will be consistently competitive. They place the highest importance on treating customers fairly because they know that the trust of customers is crucial to their future success
Role and Responsibilities.
• Provide information, advice and issue recommendations
• Develop a data protection culture within the organisation
• Maintain the record of processing operations
• Liaise with various business units and have the ability to educate other employees on the importance of Data Privacy.
• Provide advice where requested about the data protection impact assessment
• Cooperate with the supervisory authority
• Have due regard to the risk associated with processing operations
• Act as the contact point for the supervisory authority on issues relating to processing,
• Monitor compliance with other Union or Member State data protection provisions
Experience & Skills Required
• You will be an experienced and proactive Data Protection/Data Privacy Manager.
• Have strong experience implementing new policies across business units.
• You will have expertise in national and European data protection laws and practices Have great stakeholder management skills.
• An in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
• Prior experience working within a consumer data rich environment which is FCA regulated
• Possess sufficient understanding of the processing operations carried out.
• Be vigilant of data security and data protection needs of the firm.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Roisin McCarthy on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.