Big Data Lead Engineer - Data Innovation,
Big Data Lead Engineer - £Competitive Salary – Plus Benefits – Bucks – J9926
Join the technology side of an International Financial giant and be at the forefront of their innovation and change; becoming a data driven organisation by leveraging Big Data technology. Their Big Data platform is used to power all new digital applications and so it is at the heart of their transformation, not only by using Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and other open source tech, but also by adopting new methods of work following agile principals and new approaches to software delivery.
As a Big Data Lead Engineer you will be the technical lead of one of their key product teams and a design lead in their technical community designing, coding, testing and delivering on future Digital products built on their Big Data platform. You will be driving the evolution of the platform that is changing the business …
If you are a good engineer, a keen learner and want to work in an exciting opportunity with big impact, please get in touch with Teresa.
Role and Responsibilities.
• Create an environment for innovation and change
• Extract value from data can be used to create new products.
• Produce business models that generate new value for customers
• Adopt new methods of work following agile principles
• Undertake new approaches to software delivery
• Deliver a first in class service to end customers.
• Build strong relationships with diverse teams and people.
• Drive the evolution of the platform that is changing the business.
Experience & Skills Required
• Possess solid engineering foundations.
• Java and SQL required, Scala and Python advantageous
• Production experience with Spark.
• Implementations of CoSQL:Hbase, Cassandra, Neo4j or other
• Kafka, RabbitMQ or other messaging framework
• Experience in solution design and software architecture essential
• Experience in Agile software development or XP
• Experience with test automation and continuous integration a must,
• Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies is a plus
• Great communication skills with an excellent level of written and spoken English
• Contributor to Apache foundation or other open source projects is a plus.
If you fit the above job description please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314 660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.