Big Data Analyst, South East
Lead Big Data Analyst – Negotiable Salary – Plus Benefits – London
This is a high street, FMCG’s giant, who is inspiring customers through one of the most ambitious programmes they have undertaken. They are now actively searching for a passionate Analyst to drive forward and help maintain their position of supremacy. Alongside this great role, this organisation can offer a great team to work with, an excellent benefits package and unrivalled career development.
Role and Responsibilities
• Responsible for defining, prioritising, delivering analytics strategy, methods and components.
• Undertake data-driven decision making and customer data insight across all the businesses.
• Deliver ad-hoc insight from customer data.
• Working with key insight teams around the business, you will directly responsible for leading deployment of internal customer viewpoint project.
• define and build customer segmentation
• Build a pipeline for use general to productionise segmentations and analytical derivations.
• Support the installation, configuration, and tuning of various technologies
• Undertake Ad-hoc analysis of data from a big data environment
• Enable quick data visualisations and easy access insight for all parties
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required.
• Several years’ experience in a similar role
• Provide mentoring and guidance to junior analyst in the team
• Demonstrate expert level knowledge of SQL specifically SQL on Hadoop.
• Maintain the data quality and reliability of accessed customer data
• Define and create data extraction
• At least 1 year’s practical experience of Spark and Scala
• Previous exposure to Oozie and Flume advantageous as would Alteryx, Teradata and machine learning.
• Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues to non-technical parties